Contractor Handbook - Cleaning
VERSATEX can be installed at or below grade, as it does not wick moisture. VERSATEX is perfect for use in moisture-prone applications such as garage door jambs, column wraps, ground contact, masonry contact, hot tub surrounds, and at rooflines.
- VERSATEX will not support mold and mildew growth. (ASTM G-21-96)
- If products gets dirty, clean with products like Soft Scrub® with Bleach, Spic ’n Span®, Clorox® Regular Bleach, or Clorox® Clean-Up®, Clorox® Outdoor Bleach Cleaner, OxiClean or Corte Clean. Use a nylon brush with cleaner for stubborn stains or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Use 320 grit sand paper to reduce cell size on cut edges of boards.
- Test any cleaner on an inconspicuous area before use.
- All machining should be done in a well-ventilated area.
- Safety glasses should be worn whenever you are working with VERSATEX.
- When cutting with a power saw, a dust mask is recommended.