Ok, so you keep hearing about cellular PVC. Maybe you already know that a column wrap made from Versatex will look exactly like its wooden counterpart, but will never experience rot, mold or an insect invasion? Maybe you have seen a porch ceiling and wondered how it has remained crisp and clean for 10 years without the upkeep?
Maybe you've never noticed, but I bet you will now! And, guess what? You can use Versatex for more than just trim, columns and porches. Have you ever played corn hole? Purchased a flower box? Or even admired an outdoor kitchen? Well, those are ALL great potential uses of cellular PVC.
So, here is the deal. Imagine a 4'x8' sheet of plywood. Plywood is used for all kinds of projects from covering the windows before a hurricane, to making kitchen cabinets, furniture, sheds and more. But, the problem with wood is that it becomes exposed to the elements and decomposition begins. As it takes in moisture, it flakes, it warps and that beautiful paint job you've spent hours working on starts to crack and peel. Now imagine that same project will last forever and remain as stunning as moment you finished.
That's what a sheet of Versatex cellular PVC can do.
How can you use it? Take a look at these 5 ideas!
1. Cornhole Boards-When it comes to picnics, parties and tailgating corn hole boards are a staple for fun, but corn hole boards are destined to fail using traditional old plywood. By using PVC the boards weigh less, have the same rigidity, they can be painted and decals can be applied. The kicker? THEY LAST FOREVER. Next time you forget your boards outside for a week following that 4th of July party, don't worry, Versatex PVC can handle it.
2. Outdoor Showers- Oh, that beautiful house in the magazine with the outdoor shower. If you are like me, you may have dreamed of coming home from the beach and rinsing off BEFORE dragging sand across the floors. Yes, you could have your 6 year old grab the hose and spray you ...and usually your towels, your phone, and the dog... or you could build an outdoor shower! While this is may be something traditionally added when your home was built, if you've got a DIY personality, it can be done. So instead of using wood or concrete to make a simple wall, USE VERSATEX! Build a beautiful shower with personality and most importantly FUNCTIONALITY that will last forever.
3. Flower Boxes- Ok, so your thumb is more "brown" than "green", but that's ok because these stunning boxes will help step up your game. Picture the beautiful flowers that hang under the windows of a quaint New England cottage. They are so perfect you start to wonder if you have driven to the home of a Stepford wife. How do they look so flawless? Well, for starters flowers love water and wooden boxes DO NOT. Something's gotta give and it's usually the rotting bottom and sides of the box. Versatex PVC boards will route, cut and paint just like wood, except they handle moisture and keep your flowers fresh and beautiful.
4. Pergolas- Don't know what a Pergola is? It is a structure that you may see hanging over a garage, off the side of your house, or sitting in the middle of your backyard with brand new outdoor furniture underneath. Traditionally, it is used as a shade structure that evolves throughout the day. As the sun moves across the horizon it changes the angle of the shadows below creating a cool, relaxing addition to your outdoor space.
Many of these are built with wood. Wood is not to be blamed for being wood, but again, wood starts to rot and decompose the second that tree is cut down. Doesn't sound like an ideal product to use to block the sun, and rain, does it? When you use Versatex you can build a structure that lasts a lifetime.
5. Outdoor Kitchen- Wish your kitchen was outside so you could watch your husband cut the grass? Ok, so maybe you just want to keep an eye on the kids playing in the pool, but dinner needs made. Build an outdoor kitchen space. Your grill, side burners, wine cooler, and refrigerator need a proper resting place, but, traditional cabinets, made from plywood, simply don't hold up to the conditions of the outside world such as rain, salt, sun, and insects. By using Versatex PVC you can ensure that your new kitchen won't rot or delaminate, salty air won't destroy it, and insects won't eat it. Best of all its FDA approved so your food will be safe touching the surfaces. It can be stained to look like wood, painted or simply left untouched and cleaned with some normal household cleaners.
If you'd like to learn more about these 5 products or any of the traditional uses for Versatex go to www.versatex.com.