VERSATEX’s Sustainable Goals & Objectives
Reduce the carbon footprint of our plant and product by using less fossil fuel:
- Use a minimum of 10% recycled pre-consumer cellular PVC scrap.
- Harvest heat from equipment to heat plant and office.
- Combine customer orders to maximize shipments.
Identify all waste streams and recycle wherever possible:
- Use only 100% post consumer recycled content processed chlorine free paper in the office.
- Maximize the use of electronic files and reference materials.
Connected to the Community
- Support local non-profit organizations, schools and the community.
- Use local rehabilitation centers to produce sales and marketing (Beaver County Rehabilitation Center).
- To the extent possible, we will purchase goods and services from local companies.
Inspiration and Fun in the workplace
- Our employees will share and promote our core values.
- Our workplace will foster entrepreneurship, innovation and creativity. We will provide and promote balance, good health, and learning through continuing education.
- Our goal is to generate “zero” landfill waste through source reduction and recycling practices.
- All end of life office furniture and equipment will be donated or recycled
- All fluorescent lamps and chemicals, including waste oils and adhesives, will be recycled.
- Recycle all office paper.
- Reduce consumption of water within the plant and the offices.
- Recycle all cardboard products.
- Recycle all wood scrap into mulch.
- Recycle all unusable PVC scrap into secondary products (pipe, decking and fencing).
- Continue to identify other recycling opportunities.
- Establish a scrap buy back program with OEM’s, dealers, distributors and from PVC trim scrap gathered at home site developments.